A Brief History of Canyon Community Bank
Canyon Community Bank was founded in 2000 and opened its doors on October 10th of that year to fill a niche in Tucson’s Business Community. Its founders formed the bank to offer Tucsonans an option that previously did not exist; doing business with a locally owned and managed Community Bank that would deliver a high level of personalized service. Local investors raised over $6 Million dollars in initial investment to start the bank and to purchase its first building. Canyon Community Bank’s first location on the corner of Oracle & Magee on Tucson’s Northwest continues to serve as the Main Branch.
Today, Canyon Community Bank is recognized among the best Community Banks in the country and an excellent Corporate Citizen in its community. In its short history it has received numerous awards and recognitions and is considered an employer of choice. In addition to taking excellent care of its customers Canyon Community Bank has continually strived to deliver progressive banking solutions and best of class products to excel in a competitive marketplace.
There are a few factors that contribute to the bank’s success. The first has been staying true to the original Mission of Canyon Community Bank as developed by its founders:
The mission of Canyon Community Bank is to serve the people of the Tucson metropolitan area first and also the great State of Arizona where our expertise will allow. This will be accomplished by providing personal, confidential attention along with high quality services. We will maintain a responsible financial institution dedicated to developing economic growth and stability in our community and beyond, while earning a return which satisfies our shareholders.
The second factor is great leadership. The current leadership team continues to uplift the values and service standards that the original leaders started back in 2000.
The final factor is the talented team of banking professionals who enjoy coming to work and living the bank’s mission each day.
Our people make the difference. They strive to provide prompt, courteous service and professional attention to the banking needs of our customers.
- To offer you a warm, sincere greeting and meaningful Thank you
- To approach or wait on you within two minutes of being greeted
- To respond to your telephone call within three rings
- To be punctual and accommodating when setting appointments
- To keep communications and transactions error free
- To always try to anticipate and comply with your needs
- When a customer’s request is addressed by our staff, that person will take the responsibility of handling the situation until resolved or formally turned over to someone who can resolve it in a timely manner